The Standard Group comprises The Standard Newspapers, Nairobian, KTN, Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services.
The Group is looking for a highly motivated, qualified, experienced and reputable team player to fill the following position:
The incumbent will be expected to provide legal advice on issues affecting the Group to minimize risks and ensure compliance to legal and regulatory frameworks
- Negotiate, draft and review contracts, service level agreements, MOU’s, standard forms, templates, leases and other legal documents to ensure compliance to legal requirements and the Group’s policies;
- Assist the Head of Legal in managing litigation filed by or against the Group by responding to libel and other claims; reviewing the status of on-going cases; liaising with and managing external lawyers and insurance brokers and monitor all risks attaching thereto.
- Maintain a database for all legal cases, contract and all legal related files and ensure they are up to date;
- Provide legal advice to the Group to ensure smooth execution of processes and liaise with relevant departments to identify legal risks and ensure appropriate actions have been taken.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management on changes.
- Conduct training on legal matters affecting the Group and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Laws Degree.
- Diploma in law from Kenya School of Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Current Practicing Certificate
- At least 2 years’ experience in a busy legal environment.
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenges, visit our website http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current vacancies and apply not later than 24th January 2016.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.