Location: Nairobi; with 50% travel internationally
Job Purpose: To lead the Commercial Activation, CVM and 3D (Distribution, Display and detailing) strategies and executional standards across all channels in Kenya and Nigeria.
This person will lead the design and execution of channel / customer related strategies based on deep understanding of shoppers, category, product and trade.
This role will design and execute programs to build capabilities of sales and commercial organizations (BI and distributor employees) across Kenya to execute trade marketing strategies.
This person will design and roll out regional programs such as “perfect store” to leverage customer and shopper insights and drive and executional excellence in key growth customers
This person will be responsible to ensure sales delivery by closely collaborating with sales managers to ensure sufficiency.
- Deliver sales, share, sales fundamental targets across channels in Kenya
- Create “blue print” sales model for new products providing volume; value and share forecasts for medium to long term planning
- Owner of channel related strategies and plans to deliver channel/customer specific KPIs; Design and roll out customer/channel KPIs leveraging shopper learnings and tools (VEEVA)
- Owner of all category management and shopper insights across all national/regional customers. Design a compelling trade selling proposition relevant to customer engagement.
- Sales input for NBOs; incl pipeline and calendar for launches
- Provide a clear pharmacy and doctor segmentation models. Lead CVM for the market.
- Design route plan optimization and coverage efficiency models for doctors and pharmacies. Design territory coverage models as part of the CRM process
- Develop in store visibility guidelines (e.g. share of shelf requirements, planograms, category layout and proper adjacencies) and measurement tools across the region. Design perfect store initiative across all channels and markets
- Develop product availability, range guidelines and MSL by outlet format
- Drive and deliver in-store POP and POS innovation projects
- Design promotional guidelines and tools to measure (ROI on promotional spend)
- Coach and train relevant colleagues on category management and in-store execution standards and the BI Way (e.g. 9 steps of the call)
- Sales, share and in store KPIs by channel for Kenya
- Establishment of a robust category vision based on shopper and customer insights. Translate the key insights into a value add category leadership position with BI’s key trade customers
- Significant efficiency improvement of selling and detailing resources based on customer segmentation and targeting and coverage optimization initiatives. Measure and quantify efficiency improvements
- A complete revamp of in-store standards across all channels. Consistent increase of share of shelf and share of display across targeted outlets
- Expanded distribution of MSL (must stock list) SKU in identified outlet formats. Measure increase of numeric and weighted distribution
- Enhanced efficiency and effectiveness of promotional activities. Quantify improved ROI on promotional spend
- Improved efficiency of sales organization(BI and distributor) based on upgraded capability and know-how of the BI Way, category knowledge and in-store executional guidelines
- Business Degree
- 5+ years experience
- Experience in Trade marketing; proven track record in developing channel/customer specific strategies/plans
- Experience working with quantitative & qualitative Research
- Experience in working with retailers
- Experience working with distributors
- Proven track record in developing category strategy & put it into excellence in execution and performance
- Working experience with Innovation projects, acquaintance with innovation tools & methods
- Skilled in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Data Analysis and decision making
- Externally focused; thinks from the customer point of view
- Must be capable of thinking strategically
- Strong innovative skills
- Must be able to work well in cross functional teams, both as a team player and a team leader
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead through influence
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong skills in managing complexity
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Results driven
- Well-structured, focused & setting clear priorities
- Proven self-starter with strong initiative, enthusiasm for business, and results orientation.
- Organizational Skills – Able to manage periods of heavy and conflicting demands
- Proactive & Self confident
Deadline for applications is on 6th February 2016
Applications to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2044”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2044, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
(1) cover letter describing your interest (please include your salary expectations / range)
(2) Your Resume (or CV) including references
Applications will be treated confidentially. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.