Job Ref.: AJS-264081
Location: Awendo, Migori County
Industry: Mining / Quarrying
Your responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Operates on and off-highway truck to haul material from quarry / site / processing plant to appropriate stockpile.
- Safely drives and maneuvers vehicle into position for loading and dumping material.
- Assist in hauling a variety of other materials within the operating area as required.
- Inspects vehicle’s mechanisms and monitors and maintains fluid levels.
- Assists mechanic with service and minor repairs to equipment.
- Assists in repair and maintenance of plant, as well as other duties as needed.
- Performs pre-shift and post-shift safety inspections and completes daily equipment reports.
- Reports unsafe mechanical conditions to foreman and supervisor.
- Maintains good housekeeping practices on equipment.
- Follows established traffic patterns avoiding tire hazards and other hazardous conditions.
- Demonstrate good performance, safety and attendance
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrate a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays/nights
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees
- Demonstrate the ability to conform to and maintain Occupational Safety & Health regulations and all other company policies or governmental rules and regulations
- Must have good depth perception and coordination to operate controls
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean Grade ‘D’ plain or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Possess a valid driving license free from current endorsements for class(es) of machine(s) that one may be required to operate;
- Passed suitability test for Drivers Grade III
- A valid certificate of Good conduct from the Kenya Police
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or the Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- At least Five (5) years Driving Experience
- Must be willing to work a rotating schedule with varying shifts and must be punctual in adhering to established start times.
- Candidates must be able to work in a heavy industrial environment, exposed to weather elements, some noise;
- Must have ability to work independently and problem-solve while working alone or as part of a team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and may require protective equipment.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, send your CV and a cover letter that clearly explains your suitability for the role; with 3 referees to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews