Background information: Unites States African Development Foundation (USADF) provides grants to African organizations and enterprises that increase economic opportunities among the underserved communities in Africa.
CEZAM and Associates Ltd., an accounting and business development consultancy firm, is the local partner for USADF in Kenya, responsible with providing direct technical assistance and support to grassroots groups who are recipients of USADF grants.
Outcome of the assignment: By the end of training, CEZAM staff should be able to developed a shared understanding of the basic concepts of result-based program management and link it with their routine tasks in their real work scenarios, they should also be able to develop result –based program management log frames and use them as a planning, monitoring and evaluation tools.
Task 1 – Training
Train CEZAM staff to understand result based program management with emphasis on how to:
- Apply results-based program management throughout the project cycle (identification-Design – formulation – implementation – monitoring/evaluation and reporting);
- Apply results-based program management on group dynamics
- Formulate major result based program management tools (such as the results cycle and results framework) to achieve results.
- Analyse program development problems;
- Develop a program result strategy and formulate a result measurement framework relevant to different program sectors for projects sustainability;
- Initiate a project.
- Plan project work.
- Develop Project Schedules/Work Plans
- Develop cost estimates, and budgets.
- Project Roll out
- Plan project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Analyze project risks.
- Plan and Manage Project procurement.
- Monitor and Evaluate project work.
- Close the project.
Within 1 week,
- Provide a training report that outlines and documents all the activities involved in conducting the training of CEZAM staff and recommend any next steps.
- Minimum advanced degree in Development studies, Project Management, finance and strategic planning, administration and or business studies;
- Experience in leading or participating in result based program management and social development for donor-funded projects, preferably of enterprise interventions in the food security sector;
- Excellent teaching and coaching skills, experience in knowledge management and learning in business/non-governmental organizations or similar;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- A technical offer that includes the basic methodology which will be used and related areas of focus (or topics) in the training as well as the proposed timeframe/time table;
- A financial offer that covers all consultancy related costs (excluding training logistic costs that will be covered by USADF/CEZAM) in PDF format;
- A CV detailing relevant skills and experience of no more than 3 pages, including contactable referees; and
- One sample of a relevant result-based program management training report.
Please address questions about this assignment to email@example.com.