We are looking for an experienced Warehouse & Stores Supervisor to oversee and coordinate the daily warehousing & Stores activities.
You will implement production, productivity, quality and customer service standards and achieve the appropriate level of volume within time limits.
The goal is to ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations and to increase the company’s overall market share.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees performance
- Organise and maintain inventory and storage area
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload
- Interface with customers to answer questions or solve problems
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments
Job Skills and Requirements
- Leadership Skills: You will have to keep your employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions for your employees. A successful store manager is a good leader.
- Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers and management. You might have to create schedules, order supplies and write reports. Time management is essential to make sure everything gets done.
- Math and Budgeting: Store managers are expected to keep and maintain a budget in almost every field. You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where your company’s money is going.
- Analytical Skills: You will be in charge of hiring new employees, and being a good judge of character will help ensure that you hire the right people to maintain an efficient and motivated team. You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day.
- Decision-Making Skills: The buck stops with you. Whether it is dealing with employees, customers, management or vendors, you will have to make decisions that affect the company. Having the ability to make hard and fast decisions is crucial to your success.
- Speaking and Writing: Store managers do a lot of communicating. This might be one-on-one to a customer, in front of a group of employees, or in a meeting with management. You might be called upon to write reports, recommendations, or reasons for termination. Great verbal communications and writing skills will help you in any of these scenarios.
- Customer Service Skills: Customers are going to ask to speak to the manager. How you interact with customers is crucial for repeat business, employee morale and the health of your company. Great customer service skills will help you solve issues before they become problems, and help create customer loyalty.
- Proven warehouse supervisory experience
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyse data
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Diploma in Supply chain Management
- Knowledge of SAP
Qualified candidates to forward their cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th January 2016