Job Ref.: AJS- 264083
Location: Awendo, Migori County
Industry: Mining / Quarrying
Description: Operates straight or articulated rubber-tired tractor-type vehicle equipped with front-mounted hydraulically powered bucket or scoop to lift and transport bulk materials to / from stockpile or processing areas to load trucks
Starts engine, shifts gears, presses pedals and turns steering wheel to operate loader; Moves levers to lower & tilt bucket drives front-end loader forward to force bucket into bulk material
Your responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Operating equipment of different ratings as authorized; routine checks and maintenance of the machine(s); Liaising with the officer-in-charge for major repairs
- Guiding turn boys and machine attendants; repairing minor defects on machines
- Preparing monthly and weekly service schedules and ensuring they are followed
- Working in accordance to the Company’s health and safety, environmental and other standards as they apply to the process.
- You will also ensure that at all times, the working environment within the operations of the machinery are at all times compliant to Health and Safety regulations.
- You will also be required to ensure the adherence to operating systems, to develop and implement quality and timely service delivery mechanisms, maintain and enhance customer relations, and ensuring administrative compliance, safety and efficiency.
- Movement of material.
- Inspects shovel loaders for defective parts and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
- Perform routine maintenance work such as cleaning and lubricating of shovel loaders.
- Use radio frequency equipment as required.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean Grade ‘D’ plain and above or equivalent qualification from a recognised Institution.
- Have passed the Suitability Test for Plant Operators Grade III;
- Possess a valid driving license free from current endorsements for class(es) of machine(s) that one may be required to operate;
- Be able to operate at least two (2) Plants of ‘difficult rating’ C;
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or the Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognised Institution;
- A valid certificate of Good conduct from the Kenya Police
- At least three (3) years Plant Operation experience?
- A responsible and mature attitude to work.
- The ability to work quickly and safely especially during busy periods.
- The ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights.
- The ability to follow written instructions and keep records.
- An awareness of health & safety.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Self-discipline/ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritise work load.
- Good physical coordination to operate a shovel loader.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and may require protective equipment.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted are indicative and may vary over time.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, send your CV and a cover letter that clearly explains your suitability for the role; with 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews