Body Corporate established under Section 55 of the Universities Act No.
42 of 2012 to, among other functions, Coordinate the Placement of
Government Sponsored Students to Universities and Colleges.
The Placement Service invites applications for the following position:
Reporting to the Accountant, the officer will provide support to the finance team through the timely and accurate processing of financial and accounting data.
- Raise payment vouchers and cheques for payments.
- Assist in the administration of the petty cash float and ensure timely reimbursement of the same.
- Assist in the maintenance of the institutions assets register
- Assist in the maintenance of financial data bases;
- Accurate and appropriate recording of revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities;
- Input payroll transactions and ensuring they have been properly authorized on the correct documents before posting to the payroll.
- Post payroll transactions correctly using assigned budget codes and ensure preauthorized documents from HR have been provided.
- Assist in ensuring that all statutory deductions are effected and returns submitted to the relevant regulatory agencies in the stipulated formats on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
- Process all staff deductions as necessary including deductions for bills, advances etc. and ensure that these are fully recovered and accounted for.
- Calculate gratuity payments and submit them to Accountant for review. Forward reviewed schedules to Finance Manager for approval prior to processing for payment.
- Prepare documentation/ payment requests to 3rd parties on a timely basis and ensure that they are within the payroll month.
- Have served in the grade of Accounts Assistant for a minimum period of two (2) years or a comparable and relevant position in the public or private sector;
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounts or Finance) or Business Management or Public Administration from a recognized institution plus CPA II or ACCA II and above.
- Have demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, integrity and a clear understanding of accounting system, processes, and procedures required in the management of finances.
- High levels of personal integrity, particularly in relation to confidentiality
- Be proficient in the relevant computer applications; and
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and accountability. Applicants should have clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Educations Loans Board;
- A Licensed Credit Reference Bureau;
- Director of Criminal Investigation
applicants should post or hand deliver their applications in sealed
envelopes clearly marked with the position applied for and reference
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service
ACK Garden House, 3rd Floor, 1st Ngong Avenue, Community
P. O. Box 105166-0101,
Or e-mail to email@example.com with the reference code and the position applied for as the subject line.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer.
People with disabilities, women and people from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for receipt of the applications is March 4, 2016 at 5.00 pm.