Body Corporate established under Section 55 of the Universities Act No.
42 of 2012 to, among other functions, Coordinate the Placement of
Government Sponsored Students to Universities and Colleges.
The Placement Service invites applications for the following position:
Ref. Code KUCCPS 017/16
Provide overall and effective coordination and administrative support to the department.
This includes: secretarial, security, departmental procurement, travel arrangements and events coordination.
- Manage good office environment and ensure maintenance and security of all items entrusted with and establish and maintain stock management and control system;
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and arrange and participate in meetings, conferences and placement/career talks and other activities;
- Identify issues and provide advice regarding policies and standard practices;
- Prepare and periodic reports on departmental assets, procurement trends, projections and challenges;
- Working in liaison with the procurement section in the Placement Service, oversee efficient, value for money, well-coordinated and timely procurement to the department through periodic procurement planning and maintenance of a procurement database ;
- Facilitate the approval of travel and expense claims and requisitions;
- Liaise with relevant finance personnel to follow up on raised expense claims reimbursements;
- Manage and follow up on departmental staff leave applications and maintain leave calendar; and
- Supervise support staff.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
- Have served for a minimum of two (2) years in a Secretarial position in public or private sector;
- A Diploma in Office Administration or Secretarial Studies or equivalent;
- Computer literate; proficiency in email and Microsoft Applications;
- Strong in office management and administration;
- Good planning and organisational ability;
- Consultative approach with the ability to work under pressure and to prioritise;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and accountability. Applicants should have clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Educations Loans Board;
- A Licensed Credit Reference Bureau;
- Director of Criminal Investigation
How to Apply
applicants should post or hand deliver their applications in sealed
envelopes clearly marked with the position applied for and reference
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service
ACK Garden House, 3rd Floor, 1st Ngong Avenue, Community
P. O. Box 105166-0101,
Or e-mail to email@example.com with the reference code and the position applied for as the subject line.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer.
People with disabilities, women and people from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for receipt of the applications is March 4, 2016 at 5.00 pm.