The African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP) is an international non-profit policy think tank whose mission is to translate and enable utilisation of evidence in policy-making, primarily in the fields of population change and sustainable development; and health systems strengthening in Africa.
- Identify and facilitate AFIDEP’s participation in important national and regional policy dialogue forums.
- Expand AFIDEP’s policy links and influence by establishing and maintaining relationships with relevant national policymakers and donors in Malawi and sub-regional bodies and networks in Southern Africa.
- Develop and oversee the production of AFIDEP’s policy-oriented publications, including Policy briefs, Research Briefs, Factsheets, and Development Perspectives.
- Contribute to development and production of AFIDEP’s institutional publications, including Brochures, Newsletters, Annual Reports.
- Establish and sustain meaningful connections with relevant media actors and facilitate media coverage of AFIDEP’s research and programmes in Malawi and Southern Africa.
- Contribute content for AFIDEP’s website and social media platforms.
- Coordinate research, capacity building and advocacy programmes in Malawi.
- Lead in planning and organising workshops, training and other events related to AFIDEP’s programmes in Malawi.
- Masters’ degree either in communications, international relations, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in a research setting in the areas of health, population, environment or development.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English (proficiency in French is desirable).
- Experience in synthesis and translation of research findings, and in developing high impact policy briefs and web-based advocacy materials.
- Experience in policy engagement and programme management.
- Graphics and web design and management skills would be an added advantage.
- Experience in project management including report writing, building and managing partnerships, and organisation of high-level forums.
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and experience in using relevant analytical software would be an added advantage.
Finance and Administration Manager,