Aga Khan University
Librarian – Graduate School of Media and Communications
The Graduate School of Media and Communications (GSMC) of the Aga Khan University in Nairobi offers training and consultancy for media, the corporate sector, public and nongovernmental Institutions in East Africa and beyond.
The GSMC operates in a state-of-the-art technological environment, including professional VJ equipment’s and a modern radio studio.
Our educational programmes are highly practical and characterized by the intensive usage of digital production equipment for training across all media.
The Librarian will be responsible for coordinating acquisition, organization, dissemination and exploitation of information resources appropriate to the faculty, students and staff of the Graduate School of Media and Communications Library.
The incumbent will also support the teaching, learning and research objectives of the university.
Qualifications and experience
- Applicants must hold a master’s degree in Library and Information Science or related discipline with at least 3 years of experience in a busy academic library
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated library management systems and a range of library procedures, including international bibliographical standards such as AACR2, LCSH, MESH, MARC and RDA
- Proficiency in ICT
- Experience in developing and delivering information literacy programmes
- Experience in managing electronic resources
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter who can work without constant supervision
- Good problem solving skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to email their application, curriculum vitae, names of three referees and copies of certificates & testimonials, clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration to email@example.com so as to reach not later than 26th February, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.