Job Ref.: MICK-264424
Job Scope: Responsible for meeting production target, both new and renewal by generating new business directly and from intermediaries and introducing the company’s products to existing and new intermediaries including; banks, Deposit Taking Micro finances (DTMS) and Saccos
- Establish and build new relationships with potential intermediaries that have prospective business that meets the companies underwriting criteria
- Introducing the company’s product to existing and new intermediaries
- Maintain existing relationships with intermediaries in order to protect the existing books of business
- Identify new opportunities for growth in order to drive ongoing sales
- Handle Medical tenders business (both direct and through intermediaries) ensuring quality tender documents are prepared in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinate the training of intermediaries on new and enhanced products
- Co-ordinate any marketing campaigns to prospective customers
- Provide market feedback to the underwriting department to ensure quality service and underwriting standards are maintained
- Regularly conduct market survey aimed at collecting market intelligence on products and competitor activity.
- Handle all queries and issues from intermediaries.
- Knowledge of the Bancassurance market and Insurance industry in general.
- Business development and marketing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Written and oral communication
- Negotiation skills
- A driven sales approach that ensures targets are met
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and strong understanding of business requirements
- Excellent analytical skills
- Computer literate i.e. Microsoft Office & Microsoft Excel
- Graduate in Insurance, Marketing or a relevant business field
- Good progress in professional qualifications in Insurance or Marketing
If you meet the above criteria, send your CV and a cover letter that clearly explains your suitability for the role; with 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
NOTE: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews