Human Resources and Administration Officer
- Maintain all personnel records (personal files) pertaining to employees’ appointment, leave, training, studies, training bonds, certificates, evaluation reports, etc. and update regularly.
- Provide information to Accounts Department relevant to payment of taxes and staff bank loans in accordance with relevant HR policies and procedures.
- Prepare and update staff contracts.
- Advise senior management on staff recruitment, prepare notices and advertisements for vacant positions, schedule and organize interviews, participate in interviews, conduct reference checks on possible candidates, etc.
- Establish and maintain relations with government, labor union and other related personnel stakeholders.
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related challenges.
- Monitor and record employee attendance activities and leave requests.
- Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to ensure staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure service continuity.
- Inform affected staff of unexpected absences from work and coordinate actions ensuring the continuity of services such as cancelling of events and locating keys.
- Provide information and assistance to staff on human resource and work related issues – procedures relating to personnel issues, workplace safety, pay and benefits systems, labour standards, etc.
- Coordinate legal issues of project contracts.
- Provide induction & orientations to new staff.
- Attend to other related assignments.
- Overall responsibility for office management (including permits, services, support staff, etc.) and maintenance.
- Monitor the code of conduct, cleanliness and decorum of the office premises including working rooms, tea room and boardroom.
- Ensure timely maintenance of BvAT office vehicles when available; ensure licenses, insurances and other requirements are up-to date.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources or Business related course from an accredited institution
- Certification in personnel practice, with practical grounding in basic personnel skills
- Practicing Certificate from the Institute of Human Resources Management (IHRM)
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in relevant experience in HR management with proven record experience in a national or an international organization. Knowledge of labours and familiarity of industrial relations practices.
- Significant operational and management experience in the key areas of finance, HR, contracting, etc;
- Has strong leadership and management capability
- Experience of working in Not for profit organisation will be an added advantage
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above positions and can clearly demonstarate your ability to meet the qualification.
The closing date for applications is 4th March 2016.
Biovision Africa Trust is an equal opportunity employer and eligible women are encouraged to apply.