Vacancy: Chief Operations Officer
Our client is a one of the world’s leading companies for Solar Home Systems with approximately 450 passionate employees, delivering a clean and affordable alternative to fossil fuels for low-income households (living without access to reliable energy).
Their product line combines solar energy with innovative mobile technology and accessible micro financing.
Having successfully installed more than 39,000 solar home systems in Tanzania and Rwanda, our client is now moving into the business at a larger scale – thereby stimulating economic and social development in developing countries while simultaneously contributing to global environmental protection.
Their commitment to quality, product innovation, and sustainable development makes them a highly inspiring community to work with.
Purpose of the role: To drive all aspects of the operations strategy, planning and management of our day-to-day execution of our newly established operations in Nairobi and assume a strong role within the Company’s management team. In this highly visible position
Perspective – What’s in it for you?
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product-quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability.
You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team of individuals who combine professional expertise with personal passion.
In addition to joining a wonderful global community, you will receive an attractive benefit package with direct participation in the success of our company. Position reports to the CEO based in Berlin.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Business Development: executing operation policies and processes and the implementation of operation departments’ strategies e.g. logistics, sales & marketing
- Sales: overseeing and ensuring the achievement of sales targets by developing the sales and service structure in the region
- Management operations: setting up and maintaining communication, transaction and reporting systems for all related departments
- Strategic business planning: driving the company’s commercial success & strategic growth and establishment of the brand by keeping a hands-on working attitude
- Be accountable for risk management with potential partners while also overseeing administrative decisions related to HR operations, external auditing activities and legal matters in order to ensure a controlled and healthy further growth.
- Participate in establishing, developing and maintaining business relationships with partners, customers and distributors
- Represent the company in networking events, trade fairs and conferences with an aim of growing business
- Business degree with focus on sales management
- Proven track record of at least 6 years of professional experience in a rapidly growing industry.
- Sound knowledge and experience in general management, budgeting processes, business development and the development and execution of processes.
- Operational experiences in logistics or sales in a B2C related environment will be very much appreciated.
- Must pursue a systematic, structured and reliable way of work.
- Hands-on approach as well as pronounced social competencies for teamwork and people management.
- Must be target driven and dynamic, and you consider your role as an important contribution to the development of the entire enterprise.
Salary Budget: Kshs. 800,000
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 16th Feb 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.