Authority’s mandate is to promote and safeguard competition and also
protect consumers from unfair and misleading market conduct.
- Conduct rigorous economic research in specific sectors supporting recommendations for initiation, where appropriate.
- Conduct rigorous economic research into specific topics related to key competition concerns
- Participate in conducting economic analysis in enforcement and merger cases and review outcomes following a merger or complaint decision;
- Provide adequate findings to influence the policy and legislative processes through drawing on research and literature to craft well informed positions
- Participate in creating internal and external awareness and understanding of economic principles and to present the authority’s point of view on competition matters.
- Identify research areas, develop research proposals and execute research studies on the insurance industry
- Design data collection methodologies and research related intervention in CAK’s priority programme areas.
- Participate in research surveys in liaison with the parent departments.
- Examine and analyze policy statements on competition from a regional and international perspective
- Provide support in report writing and dissemination of research papers and policy briefs
- Bachelors degree in social studies with specialization in economics, statistics or development studies; Masters an added advantage;
- Specialist knowledge in using at least one statistical package; and
- Proficiency in ICT
- Over five (5) years research experience gained from reputable organizations;
- Diverse experience in identifying research areas, development of research tools, report writing and dissemination of information.
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to write complex reports
- Analytical skills
- Organization and inter personal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions
and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the qualifications
given, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your
current position, salary, qualifications, experience, names, addresses
(including email) and telephone number of three (3) professional
referees, your email address and day time telephone contacts together
with copies of your National Identity card, certificates and
Competition Authority of Kenya
P O Box 36265 – 00200
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
So as to reach him not later than close of business on 18th February, 2016.
Hand delivery applications may be dropped at the Records office, located at Kenya Railways Headquarters, Ground Floor Block ‘D’
Please note that, applications without all the specified attachments including a copy of the National ID will not be considered.