- Assist in monitoring and evaluating the laid down systems and make recommendations for improving the financial systems.
- Identify and report to the Manager, Finance of any identified incidences of non-compliance with laid down financial systems and financial risks facing the Authority.
- Liaise with other Departments so as to ensure that financial and related regulations are complied with and where applicable give procedural guidance including dealing with any staff enquiries on any payment related matters.
- Contribute to formulation of the Authority’s budget by consolidation of all departmental budgets.
- Analyze information received (financial and non-financial), call attention to trends/variances.
- Ensure that all laid down periodical financial reports/returns are prepared and disseminated promptly.
- Authorize general ledger journal entries and other documents necessary to effect accounting entries.
- Ensure that accounts analysis and reconciliations (including bank reconciliations) are performed on a monthly basis and approve them once they have been prepared.
- Coordinate the payment of suppliers of goods and services and ensure that Suppliers are paid promptly and deal with any supplier related enquiries.
- Coordinate external system and financial audits.
- Coordinate the handling and safe keeping of financial and accounting records.
- Management of accounts receivables (receipting, banking, invoicing and reconciliations) and reporting on the same as appropriate.
- Management of the Authority’s financial investment and assets.
- Review the payroll and effect accurate salary payments.
- Ensure that all purchases are properly authorized and within the approved budget.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual departmental reports.
- Mentor and coach departmental staff.
- Carry out induction for interns and young professionals.
- Participate in the implementation of the performance management system in the department.
- Participate in departmental meeting.
- Implement and maintain procedures and processes in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 and recommend any changes.
- Bachelors degree in Finance and Accounting or Business related field; a Masters degree an added advantage;
- Full professional qualification (CPA – K) and membership to such professional bodies like ICPAK or equivalent;
- Specialist knowledge in budgeting and financial management; and
- Proficiency in ICT.
- At least 8 years Finance and Accounting experience gained from reputable organizations, with at least three (3) years in middle management position;
- Diverse experience in finance and accounts management; and
- Experience in managing and leading diverse teams of professionals.
- Decision making skills;
- Ability to interpret long term plans, programs and budgets developed at senior management levels;
- Interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to develop plans, programs, SOPS, and coordination of workflows;
- Creativity; and
- Strategic management skills.
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the qualifications given, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, salary, qualifications, experience, names, addresses (including email) and telephone number of three (3) professional referees, your email address and day time telephone contacts together with copies of your National Identity card, certificates and testimonials to:
Competition Authority of Kenya
P O Box 36265 – 00200
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
So as to reach him not later than close of business on 18th February, 2016.
Hand delivery applications may be dropped at the Records office, located at Kenya Railways Headquarters, Ground Floor Block ‘D’
Please note that, applications without all the specified attachments including a copy of the National ID will not be considered.