Job Title: Construction Head of Factory Operations
Industry: Building & Construction
Salary: 200K – 300K
Our client is a leading construction company in Kenya and the rest of Africa mainly specializing in steel framing systems.
They offer roofing, commercial and residential solutions on projects basis.
Their technology is advanced, innovative superior, sustainable and above all affordable.
They seek to hire a head of factory operations to ensure flawless execution on all sites.
1. Staff development
- Demonstrates ownership & accountability of personal and team roles with consistent Level III thought process and issue resolution
- Instills a real passion and enthusiasm to site teams for delivering on the company’s goal
- Strives to promote a team culture of winning & performing at highest levels
- Sets clear goals and objectives for each member of the project team including personal development objectives for immediate direct reports
- Takes time to mentor then disseminate the learning/ knowledge to promote optimal performance and staff development
- Address employees’ issues or grievances ensuring organizational objectives
- Leads by example setting exceptional standards of safety, quality and internal/external customer service
- Strong, proactive communicator that supports good data flow and allows for best decisions to be made by MD
- Strategic input with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
2. Systems, Planning & Execution Excellence
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations
- Establishes KPI’s for core departments including Procurement, Inventory management and production
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Oversee production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Introduces, documents, implements, trains, improves and supports development of processes / systems to increase efficiencies & execution
- Engages actively in the transference of knowledge and expertise to others
- Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production, warehousing, pricing and distribution of goods.
- Ensure optimization of plant equipment and machinery and provide technical support where necessary.
- Assists in the goal of financial optimization by ensuring COGs for both local / import procurements are negotiated in the best interest of the organization while ensuring material quality and adherence to specifications
- Establishes inventory re-order patterns based on optimized safety stocks to effectively service projects
- Oversee & ensure price optimization through effective negotiation and supplier performance reviews in conjunction with Finance & Procurement
- Coordinates weekly staff disbursements for casual labor
4. Health, safety and environment
- Familiarizes with local health, safety and environmental legislation
- Champions a high standard culture of health and safety within factory
- Supports key site staff to make safety a natural part of their daily activities
- Carries out regular safety inspections
- Engages regulatory officials to ensure compliance
Skills and Qualifications Desired
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven working managerial experience as Head, Operations
- Knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, HR)
- Familiarity with CNC controlled equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Construction Head of Factory Operations) to email@example.com before Wednesday 2nd March, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.