Vacancy: Data Analyst
The Data Analyst role is critical in strengthening the company’s Business Intelligence and Analytics capabilities.
The primary responsibilities of the role are to ensure the proper monitoring and evaluation of key financial and performance metrics and to generate actionable insights that lead to significant revenue generation and/or cost reduction.
This position will report to the Senior Data Analyst
- Develop weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for management-level consumption.
- Enable internal teams to monitor and track their key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Consult with internal teams to influence their strategic decisions and KPIs
- Ensure data quality and accuracy
- Continuously drive reporting improvements and identify process deficiencies
- Identify the root cause of data trends and outliers
- Develop and run queries to pull/transform data from multiple sources
- Respond to data requests from various internal departments as needed to drive business value
- Develop and drive analytical work streams that will directly lead to significant revenue generation and/or cost reduction.
Collaboration within the Data Team
- Contribute to the maintenance of data analysis tools and processes
- Contribute to data policy development and regulation
- Improving Internal Analytical Capabilities
- Continuously evaluate and suggest new technologies to enhance team analytics
- Deepen individual and team analytical abilities
- Improve individual and team proficiency with analytical tools such as Microsoft Excel, R, and Tableau
Key Performance Targets
- High Priority Data Requests Completed On Time
- 95% of high priority data requests completed on time
- 95% of high priority data requests are conducted error-free and without need for major revisions
- Maintenance of Business Intelligence Reports
- All reports are created and maintained to the management team’s satisfaction
- All teams are able to track all of their quantifiable KPIs
- Analytical Value Generation
- Completion of analytical work streams that drive at least 1,500,000 KES in present value to the business
Desired Skills and Experience
- Quantitative degree in computer science, economics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or an equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in an analytical role with increasing levels of responsibility
- Knowledge and working experience in SQL and Relational Databases
- Knowledge and working experience in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in statistical software such as MATLAB, Octave, R, SAS, or STATA
- Experience in creating and communicating PowerPoint Presentations
- Working knowledge of VBA and/or Tableau preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage in whitespace thinking and achieve objectives without a clear path
If interested, Email your CV and cover letter with subject line “Data Analyst” to firstname.lastname@example.org