Our client, De La Rue is the world’s largest commercial banknote printer and passport manufacturer and is a trusted partner of governments, central banks and commercial organizations around the world.
They provide market leading printed banknotes, banknote substrates and security features, commercial sector cash processing solutions among others.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
IT Site Manager
Reporting to the Head of Information Systems Customer Support, this is a position responsible for proactively supporting the organization’s achievement of business goals (Innovate, Deliver, Grow) through provision of necessary information systems hardware and software.
This role will also be a link to Group Information System.
The incumbent will be ensuring that information system policies are effected on site and other external information system compliance standards are met (from customers and other third parties).
- Providing assistance to infrastructure management to maintain a stable server, communication and network infrastructure environment
- Participating as a resource to projects requiring Information System
- Managing systems backup and restoration, analyzing errors and carrying out corrective measures
- Installing and configuring of hardware and software and maintenance of their register as well as carrying out preventive maintenance
- Supporting the Cards Bureau Network and operations i.e. servers’ hardware, software and applications
- Maintaining the Cards Bureau Data Security Standards so as to comply with VISA, MasterCard and PCI data security standards
- Supporting Cheques production formatting operations and ensuring that all formatting complies with the set standards
- Providing technical assistance to external customers (banks and other Cards and Cheques clients) and ensuring their order data files and data transmission means comply with De La Rue requirements
- Supporting SysPro ERP, Payroll HRMIS, Clocking system, OEE tracking system and Engineering maintenance system.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Certification in Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD) Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCDA) or other equivalent and recognized qualifications
- At least 5 years of working experience in a busy organization. Experience in manufacturing industry will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated strong ICT project management skills; relevant certification will be a plus
- Must have a good familiarity with other IT Infrastructure technologies like network attached storage, WAN acceleration devices, virtualization, and data warehouse.
- Experience in developing and administering small custom business applications
- Proven leadership skills
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 26th February 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.