Job Title: Distributed Computing Analyst
Overall Job Purpose: The jobholder is responsible for the planning and provision of quality end to end information and information technology Infrastructure services and solutions within branches.
The jobholder will ensure effective provision of ATMS, POS, Networks Communications and improve services to the bank’s customers.
Accountability: Service (Applications) Availability
The prime responsibility is to support the performance of applications, ensuring they run optimally and are highly available to the business.
- Study existing applications scoped to understand their functions and the infrastructure they operate on
- Provide a range of application availability reporting to ensure that agreed levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis
- Successfully facilitate delivery of changes to reports needed by the business and ensure that reports and their dependencies are made available for the business.
- Provide holistic support of application availability to Business Users
- Take actions to achieve reductions in frequency and duration of incidents that impact application availability
- Ensure shortfalls in application availability are recognized and appropriate corrective actions are identified and progressed
- Take action on agreed appropriate actions with Line Management to maintain or improve application availability levels
- Initiate and coordinate actions required to maintain or improve availability of applications
- Act as a coordination point for changes to applications when needed
- Maintain an awareness of technology advancements and best practices that support application availability
Accountability: Test Management
Responsibility is to ensure that proper testing occurs for all Application changes released into the production environments as assigned to you by Line Management
- Work closely with Release Analysts
- Review releases and assign appropriate release testing tasks
- Compile and review the Testing Deliverables
- Conduct installation procedure tests
- Participate in functional, performance, and integration testing results
- Coordinate user acceptance testing
- Coordinate back out testing
- Conduct supporting documentation review
- Compile test results
- Conduct release test review
- Coordinate post release testing
- Validate and communicate results of testing activities
Accountability: Business Liaison
- Single point of contact for one or more business units to represent IT services.
- Identify service needs for the Business Units represented to IT
- Escalate Business unit service issues to the Service Manager
- Communicate service status on service issues to the Business Unit
- Report on quality of services rendered to Business Unit(s)
Accountability: Risk Management
- Build relationship with country Technology Risk and Compliance team and provide support wherever required.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
- Devise and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations & IT and achieve audit and assurance targets.
Role / Person Specification
Education and Experience Required
- Undergraduate or higher
- 3 years IT experience minimum
Subject Matter Expert Qualifications
- ITIL v3 Certification
- An MCP or MCSE 2003 or MCSA 2003
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in IT exposure
Knowledge & Skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Translate Bus Requirements to Tech Solutions (Solid)
- Negotiation Skills (Solid)
- Strategic Thinking (Solid)
- ITIL – Governance Framework (Solid)
- Communication Skills (Written and Verbal) (Solid)
- Subject matter expertise (Solid)
- Understand the IT service delivery within a corporate environment (Advanced)
- Conceptual thinking skills (Solid)
- Ability to analyse, make decision and initiate act (Solid)
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
How to Apply
Incase you believe you career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5pm on 29th February, 2016