In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support; HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and Kenya government’s efforts to end pediatric AIDS.
EGPAF in Kenya is looking to recruit Grants Officer to be based in Nairobi.
- Participate in the evaluation of potential sub-recipients’ proposals and conduct the pre-award and risk assessments for all potential partners. Ensure adequate documentation of this process.
- Work closely with the relevant Partner Activity Managers and Technical Officer in developing sub-recipients annual operation plans and budget.
- Prepare outgoing sub awards and amendments, as needed, for review in accordance with the Signature Authority Policy
- Closeout grants in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with financial and administrative requirements, regulations, and policies of the Foundation and our donors.
- Provide ongoing support to sub-recipients to improve their administrative performance, build their operational capacity, and reduce the risk to the project and the Foundation.
- Provide assistance to the sub-recipients in understanding the terms and conditions of the award and facilitate or provide any necessary training/mentoring.
- Conduct site visits and prepare reports for approval of the Grants Manager. Report all compliance findings to the Grants Manager and assist in the development of possible solutions. Appropriately document follow-up and ensure timely corrective action.
- Work closely with the Grants Manager and Activity Manager to develop annual monitoring and support plans for assigned sub-recipients, in accordance with Foundation policy, and ensure the monitoring and support tracker is kept up to date.
- Document evidence of monitoring and support and any compliance findings in both the award file and CGIS.
- Review monthly financial reports and cash requests and monitor actual expenditures against budgets/ceilings, documenting material variances and working closely with the partners to minimize deviations from planned spending.
- Ensure that all the expenditures reported by sub-awardees meet the allowability criteria prior to being charged to the award; document, disseminate and follow up on disallowed expenses.
- Monitor deadlines and ensure final deliverables from grantees conform to the Foundation’s requirements. Work with the Sub-awardees to build their capacity to prepare and submit accurate financial reports by 5th of every month.
- Provide ongoing assistance in reviewing sub awardees financial and accounting policies and procedures and also their internal control system.
- Provide relevant financial information for decision making to the sub-awardees and technical teams in order to facilitate proper program implementation.
- Ensure the cash disbursement tracking schedule is updated and circulated in a timely manner, liaising with HQ to minimize delays to partner funds disbursement
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Management or other related field required.
- CPA (K)
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in USAID, CDC, or other U.S. Government-funded grants administration.
- Experience in an international non-profit organization preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal compliance rules, regulations and standards associated with USG funds and non-profit accounting a plus.
All applications should be received by the 10th February 2016