In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support; HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and Kenya government’s efforts to end pediatric AIDS.
EGPAF in Kenya is looking to recruit Receptionist to be based in Nairobi.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Managing Reception Area
- Answer incoming telephone calls and take messages ensuring that communications are efficient, accurate and comprehensive.
- Receive visitors and direct them to the concerned person using good public relations skills
- Maintain reception information/literature.
- Keep the reception area (and whole office) tidy and welcoming during office hours.
- Ensure Nairobi Office Access Procedures are followed at all times.
- Update EGPAF Kenya Staff Contact list on a monthly basis and disseminate to All Staff.
- Ensure good relationship between the Foundation and the public in person, over the phone, and through e-mails when interacting with or visiting the Nairobi Office.
- Ensure the reception is manned at all times; during leave and lunch time.
- Receive and distribute mail accordingly; acknowledge receipt of all incoming mails, register the same and channel to responsible official for action.
- Administer outgoing documents and parcel courier through DHL and Securicor.
- Compile all documentation for payment.
- Oversee and facilitate hotel, transport logistics, visa requirements, and other travel needs for staff.
- Organize and assist with international travel arrangements for all staff.
- Manage requests for taxis and ensure all invoices are prepared and submitted to the finance office for payment.
- Manage key vendor relationships with local hotels, Travel Agency, etc
- Update petty cash register on a daily basis, attaching all original receipts
- Maintain and administer the Nairobi office petty cash as per the petty cash policy
- Ensure all petty cash approval thresholds are adhered to.
- Receive and log office supplies including carrying out periodic stock takes and replenishment
- Diploma in Secretarial studies.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as Receptionist.
- Previous experience in working with international NGO’s is required.
- Strong interpersonal communication, relationship building and organizational skills
- High quality written & oral communication ability
- Ability to negotiate solutions to problems
- Strong computer literacy
- Fluent reading, writing, and speaking in both Kiswahili and English
All applications should be received by COB 10th February 2016