Purpose Statement: Provide electrical and instrumentation maintenance services to the plant in a manner that helps to optimise plant operations and minimise both engineering and production costs.
- Plan, organise, allocate and co-ordinate the work of his team & provide leadership to the team in respect to technical troubleshooting.
- Continually assess the competence of his team and offer coaching support as needed
- Ensure that the section’s operations comply with all regulatory and corporate standards and procedures.
- Participate in the development of the section’s budget (as one of the team members) and monitor to ensure that operations remain within the authorised spend.
- Maintain accurate records in respect to plant and equipment, including maintenance and planning activities and equipment modifications.
- Take full responsibility for plant equipment reliability and drive technical improvement identification activities.
- Manage third party contractors deployed in his area of work and take responsibility for sign off.
- Drive electrical maintenance work within the plant and ensure that electrical and instrumentation standards, procedures and general regulations are complied with.
- Stay abreast of technical developments and trends in engineering.
- Lead, motivate, develop and control staff and ensure that HR procedures are complied with.
- Identify staff training and development needs and carry out staff appraisals
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- A degree in Electrical / Electronic / Instrumentation engineering
- At least five years’ experience in a heavy industrial environment with managerial experience
- Formal technical training in electrical/electronic/instrumentation skills
- Must be registered with the Engineering Board
- Knowledge of electrical engineering standards
- Keen awareness of safety
- Sound financial skills
- Good communication, interpersonal, leadership and planning skills
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications and CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org