Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/04/016
Position Title: Agriculture Inputs Officer
Organizational Unit: FAO Somalia
Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
- Lead the agricultural inputs team under various agriculture projects;
- Coordinate the work of the input distribution team (implementation, monitoring and reporting);
- Lead in the selection process of implementing partners through various tendering process including document preparation, technical and commercial evaluation processes;
- Participate in the preparation of project work plans, monitor progress and, where necessary, identify corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
- Support in the design of the agricultural package to be distributed to targeted each seasons and to each different livelihood zones;
- Lead and coordinate the market survey and set voucher prices for each cropping season;
- Initiate and support in the procurement process of agricultural inputs and other supporting goods/ services;
- Lead in the LOA/ Contract preparation and the awarding of the Service Providers;
- Coordinate the season based post distribution review process including facilitating field data collection and preparation of the analysis report;
- Coordinate the season based Crop Yield Assessment including facilitating the field data collection and preparation of the analysis report;
- Track record of achievements made by purchase orders, delivery orders and letters of agreements against work plan;
- Provide regular updates/reports on project implementation to by the Organization/donors in close collaboration with the information and monitoring officers;
- Clear implementation reports submitted by Service Providers
- Contribute to the preparation and/or assessment of new project proposals;
- Reporting any challenges or constraints in a timely manner and ensure timely and effective response.
Education: University degree in Agriculture, Economics, Project Management or Sciences.
- At least five years professional experience in project implementation particularly in agricultural projects.
- Previous experience working with Somalia/Somali people is desirable;
- At least five years professional experience in project implementation particularly in agricultural projects. Previous experience working with Somalia/Somali people is desirable.
- Training in Project Management is desirable;
- Previous work experience in the UN and NGO environment will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in planning and organizing of operational support/activities within a unit/department;
- Good communication and writing skills;
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Good Knowledge of computers especially Microsoft office package;
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
- Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
- Systematic, well-structured and efficient approach to work assignments.
- Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency.
- Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
- The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment.
- Tact and courtesy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
Interested applicants are required to submit (1) a covering letter, (2) detailed Curriculum Vitae and (3) Personal Profile form (PPF) from FAO iRecruitment.
Please send your application to HR-Somalia@fao.org quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. “Agriculture Inputs Officer FAO/04/2016” in the subject heading.
Deadline for Application: 17 February 2016