Farming Systems Kenya (FSK) is a registered Faith based NGO that has been in operation in Kenya since 1981 to reduce poverty through agricultural and community development.
The organization works with and supports small holder farmers to improve their productivity and incomes.
We hereby invite applicants from committed Christians to fill the following position:
- A Kenyan citizen
- 35 years and above
- Born again Christian
- Master’s Degree preferably from the field of agriculture or related field from a reputable University
- 1st degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management position will be considered
- A degree or Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in a senior management position preferably within the NGO environment,
- Demonstrate competent operation computer skills
- Demonstrate strong: Proposal writing, Programme Management, Donor Management, Capacity Development, Strategic Management and Human Resource Management skills
- Demonstrate ability to manage staff members with vision, motivation and responsibility to excel in their performance
- Should have proven financial management, negotiation, Strategic planning, budgeting, fundraising & entrepreneur skills
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills and networking with internal and external stakeholders (national and international)
- Ability to represent FSK and interact with the media and community
- Demonstrate a good understanding of communities and people development skills,
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects, setting appropriate priorities.
- Demonstrate adequate M&E skills
The FSK Executive Director is crucial in terms of leadership and management and as such holds many responsibilities that are essential in growing and enhancing sustainability of the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Uphold the constitution of FSK
- Implementing FSK’s policies as directed by the board, building on the vision and mission of the founders of FSK.
- To oversee all the operations of FSK: strategic planning, budget development and financial management, fundraising and sustainability of the organization, implementing of projects and staff management. The ED should determine:
- Current activities
- What activities need to be carried out later and,
- What activities need to be redefined and changed in order to meet the organization’s objectives
- Creating opportunities for FSK geared towards sustainability of FSK as an institution. The ED is responsible for preparing and presenting the annual budget on time and making sure that all other financial tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- He/she is responsible for protecting the assets of the NGO against fraud and financial abuse.
- Organization, Staffing and Recruitment based on needs and as directed by the Board, assigning of duties and remuneration of the same as provided for in the FSK policy.
- Hiring and firing of staff following the laid down procedures as established in the FSK policy document.
- Support the Board of Directors by:-
- Providing information and materials to facilitate productive discussion on matters and topics relevant to meetings
- Keeping them informed on program implementation to ensure prompt decisions and changes
- To ensure that all Departmental/ Branch Heads come up with job descriptions for their respective staff and that all staff are fully deployed and productive.
- FSK official spokesperson together with the Chairman of the Board, consequently serving as the official link between FSK and all external partners and collaborators.
- To assess all risks to the organization and to ensure they are adequately monitored and managed accordingly.
- To ensure that the directors are properly informed and that sufficient information is provided to the board to enable the directors to arrive at appropriate judgements and decisions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications accompanied by: detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, list of 3 referees (with phone and email addresses) and current or last salary per month.
Applications on sealed envelopes marked “ED Application” should be sent to:
The Chairman, Farming Systems Kenya
P.O Box 2816 – 20100,
Closing date: Friday, 15th February 2016.