- Selling and generating demand for the company’s organic fertilizer, with a focus on small and medium-scale farmers growing high-value produce in Kiambu County
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Meeting with farmer groups and organizations to market and sell the fertilizer
- Designing and running marketing events targeting small and medium-scale farmers growing high value produce, e.g., demonstration days
- Building a pipeline of interested buyers and counselling them on farming practices
- Dynamically communicating the value of our product, with a focus on return on investment
- Training customers on correct application rates for various crops
- Structuring trials on lead farmers’ farms and rigorously following up to track progress and complete sale.
- Conduct at least 120 farmer interactions per month
- Make at least 60 trial sales per month to small and medium-scale farmers
- Meet all sales volume targets to be set together with the Head of Sales
- Staff Reporting Directly to the Job Holder : None
- Others Reporting Indirectly : None
- Undergraduate degree in Agriculture or related field. Advanced degree in Agriculture or related field desirable.
- Excellent consultative sales skills – know how to work with a customer to identify their needs and tailor the company’s solution to their needs.
- Keen agronomic skills. The ability to diagnose farmers’ needs and counsel them on improved farming practices
- Excellent communication and relationship development skills — both with customers and our internal team.
- Contacts and network within agriculture sector in Kiambu County and surrounding areas
- Motorcycle driving license.
- Minimum 2 years of agricultural sales experience.
- Proven track record of achieving and preferably surpassing targets consistently in previous work experiences.
- A self-starter who takes initiative and rigorously follows up to complete sales.
- Collaboration & Team work : Proficient
- Pragmatic Innovation : Proficient
- Building Value for stakeholders : Advanced
- Pursuing Excellence : Proficient
- Authenticity : Proficient
Applications letters (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “ 2066”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2066, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 17th Feb 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.