Our client a fast growing Supplier of Point of Use Water Services for businesses in the region is looking to recruit a General Manager.
- Responsible for driving the overall business strategy and operations in Uganda.
- Oversees the hiring and development of the Uganda sales and technician team.
- Manage overall sales process; sets appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
- Comfortable operating in a data-driven management structure with sound understanding.
- Ability to track and communicate critical sales measures.
- Ability to use up-to-date performance management tools and technology.
- Diagnose blockages and improve performance of the sales team.
- Ability to build company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by establishing personal networks.
- Benchmarking state-of-the- art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in sales and general management.
- Proven track record in building, managing and directing a highly skilled, motivated, successful and result-oriented sales force.
- History of leadership roles in sales at fast growing B2B companies in East Africa as well as history of scaling revenue in that position.
- Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment.
- Start-up experience is a plus.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to partner with sales and other cross-functional organizations.
- Dedicated to customer success and best-in-class solutions delivery.
- Committed to personal responsibility, accountability and integrity.
- Able to set clear objectives with defined results and follow through to success.
- Drive to compete and win aggressively, fairly and ethically in the marketplace.
- Able to invent new and better ways to operate and satisfy customers.
- Open minded to new ideas and unafraid to follow new paths.
- Keen sense of urgency and sensitivity to client demands.
- Able to set this pace and standard throughout the organization.
- Deliver on aggressive targets and tight deadlines.
- Committed to team success and cohesion.
- Ability to leverage expertise across an enterprise and share solutions.
Deadline: 30th March 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Training,
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
****Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job****