Ghafla! is Kenya’s largest entertainment website.
We need a paparazzi who is excited about photographing a wide variety of celebrities in their natural habitat
The ideal candidate has these qualities:
- You’re a young person, recently graduated from college
- You find traditional business news coverage boring.
- You’re psyched to work with text, photos, video, graphics and audio — often all in the same updates.
- Your spelling, punctuation and headline-writing are impeccable.
- You can work without supervision and are comfortable writing several items per day.
- You love the tone and style of online blogs and read them often.
- You know how to use Twitter, Facebook and other social media to attract and engage an audience.
Key result areas will include:
- Photos taken at events
- Pageviews generated by photo stories
- Comments generated by photo stories
- Excellent photography, writing and editing skills
- Professional experience taking live photos with professional cameras
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for blogs
- Interest in Kenyan entertainment
- Strong researching skills
- Ability to handle deadlines
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Video editing skills a plus
- 3+ months professional photography experience
This job will be full-time in our Nairobi headquarters.
To apply: please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org