Githunguri Water & Sanitation Co.Ltd (GIWASCO)
Giwasco is a Water Service Provider owned by County Government of Kiambu and contracted by Athi Water Services Board to Provide Water and Sanitation Services in both Githunguri & Lower Parts of Lari Sub-Counties.
To strengthen our management team and leadership, we invite applications from qualified, competent, proactive, self driven and innovative individuals to fill the following key position within the company.
Reporting to the Managing Director
Overall Responsibility: Plan, direct, co-ordinate, control and manage the firm’s operations and maintenance of infrastructure in order to supply water and services to the required standards and in compliance with the firm’s policy while meeting cost and surpass targets.
- Producing and supplying high quality water to domestic, commercial, institutional and industrial customers in an effective and efficient manner in compliance with the legal as well as firm’s provisions.
- Developing and reviewing departmental policies, strategies and action plans that are in keeping with overall mission and objectives of the organization.
- Supervision and co-ordination of rehabilitation, augmentation and extension works on the water supply systems
- Development and implementation strategies towards ensuring reduction in none-revenue water to 30%.
- Supervise regular preventive maintenance of the service delivery infrastructure, managing the firm’s assets through effective maintenance and repairs, installation and replacement as well as undertaking technical audits.
- In liaison with both the County and the National governments investigate for new cost effective water sources and systems and develop strategies on their development.
- Coordinate and develop strategies on eradication of illegal malpractices in the field.
- Participate in resource mobilization activities, budget making and strategic planning.
- Leading, training, appraising and supervision of departmental staff and ensuring maximum attainment of their set targets in line with the overall organization objectives.
- Preparing comprehensive and timely departmental reports, including engineering budgets to facilitate decision-making.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The successful candidate should have practical skills and experience in Water Management and specifically have:
- A degree in Civil Engineering ,water or environment related field from a recognized institution, with 3 years’ experience in similar position or service industry, or a diploma in water related field with over 5 years’ experience in the water sector.
- Must be registered or registrable with EBK
- Knowledge of water reforms
- Proficient in MS office and CAD applications and proficient in Engineering survey skills
- Must prove compliance with Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya
- Good communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
Terms of employment: 3 years performance based renewable contract.
Interested candidates should send their hard copy applications through post office or courier service or hand delivery in sealed envelopes and Marked “Application for Technical Manager Position”—attaching copies of updated Curriculum Vitae, certificates and testimonials to reach the undersigned on or before Thursday 24th March 2016 at 5pm
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Managing Director
The Managing Director
Githunguri Water & Sanitation Co. Ltd
P O Box 823-00216, Githunguri