Job Title: Account Manager
Role Summary: The Account Manager serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction.
The AM is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality.
In addition, the Account Manager should build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities while monitoring revenue and gross profit of each account ensuring they remain profitable in line with annual targets, exhausting all additional revenue streams opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pursue opportunities for account growth and new business, involving Sales or other GBC support.
- Effectively interact with other departments including the sales team when handling project start ups, ensuring you are briefed fully and correctly in all aspects to the point of account manager handover.
- Responsible for all client communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on client deliverables and revenue.
- Reviews all major deliverables (i.e. strategic brief, function spec, tech spec, etc.) to ensure quality standards and client expectations are met.
- Ensure that client issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, informing your line manager and the Directors of any problems that may arise.
- Producing weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports to each client and establishing individual requirements whereby each client receives a bespoke service.
- Ensure account plans for each client are updated ongoing with all current and relevant information concerning the client and the project, from the point of handover from sales team.
- Actively seeking to increase the services offered to your portfolio and increase the income generated in conjunction with the cross-sell and up-sell reward scheme to targets.
- Own the contract and contract renewals for new work for existing clients.
- Managing a portfolio of clients, ensuring you have an in-depth understanding of the financial status of your portfolio including individual value, billing and contract renewal.
- Ensures that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met, and that projects are profitable.
- Performing any other duties and responsibilities as shall be bestowed upon you by the Company from time to time.
- Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
- Minimum 3 years of Account/project management experience
- Extremely detail oriented
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc)
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Undergraduate degree
Skills / Qualifications:
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good ‘people skills’, for working with a range of colleagues and clients
- A willingness to work long hours, often under pressure
- A professional manner
- Good business sense and the ability to work to budgets.
- Good analytical and supervisory skills
- Proactive team player with initiative
- High level integrity and trustworthiness
- Excellent organization, time management, administrative and computer skills
- Able to work closely and cooperatively with the other staff members
- Attention to details and a strong customer service focus
- Problem solving/Designing solutions
- Reviewing/sales initiatives implemented to ensure efficiency, effectiveness & growth in uptake of products/revenues.
- Influencing/Advising customers on the company’s products and services
- Able to work without supervision
Education and Experience
- First degree in Marketing or any related discipline
- At least two years experience in sales role
- Proficiency in computer application packages.
- Thorough Understanding of financial, marketing and sales principles
- Excellent business Presentation and selling skills
- Business development and analysis skills
Applications to be sent to email@example.com by Friday 5th February 2016