Call for Volunteer
Introduction: Handicap International (HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster.
Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Context Analysis: HI identified the need for a volunteer to work together with the Logistics Officer in order to enable the Logistics office to achieve its objectives more effectively and efficiently.
General Objective of the Volunteership: To support in the smooth running of Logistics office operations
Specific Objective of the Volunteership: The Volunteer is to contribute to a variety of logistics and administrative activities by assisting the Logistics Officer meet the deadlines that have been stipulated for the department
Planned Activities of the Volunteer
The Volunteer will work closely with and report directly to the Logistics Officer. He /she will be
directly contributing in the following activities:
- Liaising with the Logistics Officer in arranging and planning for vehicles movement and updating the vehicle movement board
- Assisting the Logistics Officer in the follow up of the vehicle fuelling consumption and prepare the fuel consumption report.
- Assisting the Logistics Officer in arranging for staff accommodation & travel bookings.
- Assisting in the follow up of vehicle service due dates with the drivers.
- Assisting in keeping track of the Purchase Service Request (PSR) numbers
- Assisting the Logistics Officer in obtaining quotations for local purchases
- Assisting in the photocopying and scanning of finance documents
- Assisting in archiving of logistics and administration documents
- Weekly vehicle movement plan
- Monthly vehicle report
- Timely vehicle servicing
- Updated PSR monitory report
- Updated equipment report
- Optimum functioning of office equipment
- Efficient acquisition of goods and services for Nairobi project office
Duration and Location of the Volunteership: The volunteership is for a period of three months renewable for a further three months subject to performance.
He/she will only be receiving a daily meal and transport allowance of Kshs. 700 per working day ( Monday to Friday) subject to statutory deductions, paid once a month in advance.
The volunteer will be based in Nairobi.
Requirements for the Volunteer
- A Diploma/degree in Purchasing and Supplies management or a related discipline from a recognized institution. Prior working experience is desirable but not a must.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Should be available for a duration of not less than six months
- Candidates should be able to work in a team as well as take responsibility for a range of tasks under the supervision of the Logistics Officer Nairobi.
The intern is to comply with the Staff regulations for HI Kenya Programme
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV(including 3 referees with their current official contacts) by email to :- email@example.com on or before 29th February, 2016, 5:00 pm
The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Logistics Volunteer position- Nairobi”
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted.
Please do not send your academic and other testimonials they will be requested at a later stage.
Handicap International is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply