Our client, a Barefoot Luxury Boutique Hotel Group is looking to recruit a passionate, vibrant, qualified and talented Head Guide to become part of their team.
- Liaison with management in implementation of all operating procedures in the guiding department.
- Manage, stimulate, develop and coordinate the guiding team.
- Ensure all operational equipment & vehicles are well maintained and operational at all times.
- Ensure that his team are trained and are living their sustainability ethos.
- Initiate and participate in field projects.
- Assist with the management of the property – fire breaks, clearing roads etc
- Assist with the efficient running and functioning of the back of house operations.
- Planning and delivering a quality safari through interpretive guiding and story-telling.
- Always ensure the best guest experience and look for additional activities and experiences that they can investigate, support and implement.
- Work safely at all times, complying with health and safety and other relevant regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure great F&B knowledge and levels of service e.g. Super picnics, guest surprises etc.
- Cover all daily, weekly and annual requirements expected from the lodge manager/assistant lodge manager.
- Fulfil all administrative duties e.g. month end reporting, performance appraisals etc.
- Must have at least 5 years guiding experience.
- PSV (at least 4 years of driving experience, preferably with 4*4).
- Certificate from a recognized guiding school.
- A KPSGA bronze or silver level qualification.
- Must be first-aid qualified.
- Knowledgeable about environmental and national issues.
- Proactive and eye to detail.
- Good people skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must adhere to world class hospitality and service standards.
Deadline: 22nd February 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Training,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be consider for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
****Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job****