Vacancy: Spray Supervisor
Job Purpose: The purpose of this position is to increase production in terms of the stems shipped by ensuring that no stems have been rejected due to pests and diseases and that harvested crops meet the set standards in respect to pests and diseases and good Agricultural standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proper and timely Application of chemicals in accordance with the spray plans and prevailing problems.
- Requesting, Collecting and ensuring the proper mixing of chemicals for the purpose of sprays.
- Ensuring that the Spray changing room is kept clean at all times.
- You have the responsibility to ensure that the pump operators follow the instruction given so as to protect the spray machines and the spray system.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that the Spray system: both the CSU, knapsacks and the Motorized sprayers are working properly and that any breakdown is reported in time.
- Constantly train by demonstrating and guiding the Spray staff. Monitor their performance, in order to meet the required targets and standards.
- Follow the laid down procedures of materials, tools and equipment requisition, collection and return to and from the stores respectively. Immediately reporting to the Management in case of any miss-operating or lost tools or equipment.
- To issue to the workforce the necessary tools and PPE required for work and keep a record of it.
- Ensure that the necessary PPE is properly worn by all workers in your department at all times
- Ensure that all Spray records are properly kept and are available to the management to improve decision making.
- Participate during monthly stock take and stock reconciliation to ensure no variances.
- Ensure that the tools, equipment, structures are always properly handled and maintained. These must be properly cleaned after use. This should be reflected through the control in spray equipment repairs.
- Ensure punctuality, discipline and good time management of the workforce. Control time wastage to ensure targets are met.
- Follow with the Human Resources office on the matters concerning workforce recruitment, sickness, and absenteeism, in discipline and any other welfare issues.
- Assist in making provisions for the sections requirements in the overall production department’s budget.
- Before off duties, hand over proper written instructions to your acting Supervisor.
- Liaise with other sections and departments (grading, irrigation, spraying, maintenance, purchasing/stores) to ensure that the set product quality standards are always met.
- Develop and manage highly motivated Spray team.
- Ensure labour availability through proper leave planning and off duty scheduling
- Carry out periodic evaluation of the Spray team and develop appropriate training plans.
- Follow up on implementation of the safe use, technical and other trainings offered for the benefit of good agricultural practices.
- Ensure discipline is maintained and that grievance and disciplinary cases are handled on time.
- Ensure the production process always conforms to environmental standards as laid down by KFC.
- Implement and maintain proper control and work measurement systems that will ensure that production functions produce the expected results.
- Control cost of repairs and maintenance and eliminate wastage of resources to ensure budget deviations are managed
- Ensure correct application of existing and new production technology to effect improvements in the results expected.
- Ensure health and safety measures are observed within the section.
- Carry out any other activities as may be required of you by the management.
- Ensure spray operators shower daily after session of spray.
- Ensure you and your teams participate in activities fully and scores
- Above 80% on weekly audits.
- Diploma in Horticultural practices or Agriculture
- 5years+ experience in Managing Spray Department
- Computer literacy & Proficiency is a must
- Self motivated person with very high discipline
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills both oral and written.
- Proactive, Creative and innovative.
Interested candidates to forward their C.V and Testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th February 2016
We are an equal opportunity employer.