Reports to: Sales & Marketing Manager
Direct Reports: Nil
- Internal – S&M Manager, Admin Assistants, Sales Capability Leader, other sales colleagues, all other Company staff
- External – Company clients & potential clients, business partners & general public where needed
With the support of and in consultation with the key departments, your role will generally entail planning, advertising where needed, public relations, events organization, products/services sales analysis, market research, and overall brand equity review and monitoring for leverage opportunities.
Key Work Accountabilities
- Writing and proofreading marketing materials, liaising with designers and printers, organizing photo shoots where needed
- Managing the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters and DVDs as may be the case
- Maintaining inventory of and arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials
- Maintaining a one-stop and comprehensive catalogue and/or price list of all ranges of Company products and services for use by teams in marketing and sales initiatives. This will also involve helping sales and service teams prepare sales and promotional presentations to clients
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organizations as may be needed in marketing and market research campaigns
- Communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships
- Reviewing and advising on advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press or on the radio, if the Company seeks to pursue these options
- Organizing and attending events such as conferences, seminars, trade shows and exhibitions including sourcing and securing sponsorship as may be needed
- Conducting required consumer market research that may entail using customer questionnaires and focus groups
- Contributing to, and developing marketing plans and strategies in line with the annual sales and marketing objectives
- Managing allocated marketing budgets under the direction of Sales and Marketing Manager
- Evaluating marketing campaigns’ effectiveness including their successes and opportunities
- Monitoring competitor activity and generating periodical summaries for review by Management
- Creating and developing new innovative ways to communicate the company message to their existing customers.
- Design and upload web-buttons / banners/ adverts for the Company including converting the relevant marketing files into online files with the support of IT Officer.
- Monitoring the leads generated by the web sales and inquiry platform and updating the website with content as necessary.
- Managing the development and maintenance of the Company website to increase website traffic and online sales with the support of the Sales Manager, IT Officer and Online Marketing Officer in SA
- Be the brand champion, ensuring consistent use and maximization of the RI corporate brand.
- Handle any public relations and marketing queries under the guidance of the Manager, including social media queries and ensure they are answered promptly and accurately.
- Work as part of the Sales Team, with involvement in all Team activities, as required including supporting sales team by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, new product information, and relaying customer’s service requests
- Any other task as may be assigned from time to time
- Degree in Marketing, or a business degree with a major/bias in marketing for a recognized University
- Additional professional certification in marketing will be an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in corporate marketing engagements
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Demonstrated creativity and documented involvement in Social Media marketing
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Knowledge of existing and emerging social media platforms
- Creative skills ability to contribute new and innovative ideas
- Deliver Results – Have the ambition to achieve goals/objectives and the discipline, organization and perseverance to deliver outstanding customer service
- Act Commercially – Have the ability to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer focused decisions
- Manage Self – Be able to manage emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands.
- Works with Others – Build relationships and collaborate with others (e.g. customers, colleagues, partners and suppliers) to achieve our mission
- A Will to learn – Continuous learning and skills development in order to achieve the required results.
- Eloquence and strong communication skills – Have the ability to convey information clearly in an articulate manner
e-mail your application to email@example.com