ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Kenya to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position:
Position: Data Manager
Location: Kisumu with travel to ICAP sites in Nyanza
Overall Job Function: Under the general guidance of the Director of Monitoring & Evaluation, and the immediate supervision of the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Data Manager will be responsible for the capture of all ICAP data, on-going analysis of aggregate and patient level data, and the timely reporting of ICAP data to all funding agencies and the ICAP Program.
- Manage data files of routine databases including the ICAP Reporting and Information System (DHIS) and validating data entered into the MoH DHIS database
- Ensure timely data collection, collation and reporting of program data on a monthly, quarterly and/or annual data reports to all funding agencies
- Perform data cleaning and verify the accuracy of the data before reporting
- Produce monthly data summaries that will help track and inform program performance
- Assist in the preparation of data summary slides for presentations
- Support the implementation of the ICAP patient level electronic medical records system (C-PAD).
- Masters degree or equivalent in Statistics, Computer studies, epidemiology or mathematics
- At least 2 years relevant experience and advance skills in statistical software SPSS and/or SAS as well as in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); knowledge on MSQL and Postgre SQL scripting languages is a bonus.
- Expert skill level in the use of MoH DHIS2 aggregate databases.
- Experience in working with MOH systems and HIV-related reports will be an added advantage
- Strong Data management and analysis skills.
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 referees (one who should be at least your current/previous supervisor) should be sent to the
on or before 23rd February 2016.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Online at icap.columbia.edu