The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
It also runs regional specialist units that provide support and expertise to the ICRC’s delegations in East Africa, the Great Lakes region and the Horn of Africa.
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of
- Deliver and/or co-facilitate institutional standard trainings (Leading a Team, Effective Presentation Techniques, Staff Integration Program, Personal efficiency and so on).
- In co-operation with the English speaking delegations conduct Training Needs Analysis (TNA) in order to adapt existing training or develop an ad hoc response on the identified training needs.
- Participate in the conduct of the transfer and impact evaluation (Kirkpatrick evaluation model).
- Report and document results of training.
- Brief and train new trainers English speaking Africa and give support to the part time training relays in English speaking Africa.
- Co-represents LnD Nairobi in different meetings, such as the annual LnD meetings in GVA or the annual training relays meeting.
- University degree in Social Sciences or equivalent;
- Certificate in Training of Trainers from a recognised institution;
- 5 years’ experience in adult training methodology;
- Detail oriented, process-focussed and good multitasker;
- Demonstrated strong experience of developing curriculum and dealing with participants at training/learning events;
- Knowledge of French would be an added advantage;
- Very good computer skills
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to; Human Resource Office on the address or e-mail below, before 23rd February 2016. Please include a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees. (Indicate the position title on the subject line).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross,
Nairobi Regional Delegation, Denis Pritt Road,
P.O. Box 73226,
Nairobi, 00200, Kenya
Nairobi, 00200, Kenya