Body Corporate established under Section 55 of the Universities Act No.
42 of 2012 to, among other functions, Coordinate the Placement of
Government Sponsored Students to Universities and Colleges.
The Placement Service invites applications for the following position:
- Work with the Placement Service functional heads to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines;
- Responsible for all applications within the Placement Service; receives all requests for new applications, reviews and gives necessary approvals;
- Developing product development processes and frameworks including technical documentation standards, QA processes, and building and configuration management;
- Establish internal standards, benchmark with external standards and ensure standards are continuously maintained;
- Performing code reviews to identify and correct bugs;
- Identify and assign teams to work on projects or with users to develop appropriate applications and provide technical support and guidance as may be required;
- Create and execute project work plans outlining schedules and deliverables;
- Effectively prioritise and manage multiple projects;
- Effectively communicate relevant changes in projects to project teams;
- Keeping teams and management informed on project progress/status;
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of relevant existing and emerging technologies and the impact these technologies have on projects; and
- Manage, lead and develop the software development team.
- Have served in the grade of Chief Information Communication Technology Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or eight (8) years in comparable and relevant position in the public or private sector three (3) of which must be in a senior management level;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Have a Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Have a certificate in Corporate Governance or Senior Management Course lasting note less than four (4) weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Have demonstrated a high degree of integrity, professional competence and ability in the administration and management of the Information Communication Technology function as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and accountability. Applicants should have clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Educations Loans Board;
- A Licensed Credit Reference Bureau;
- Director of Criminal Investigation
Interested applicants should post or hand deliver their applications in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the position applied for and reference code to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service
ACK Garden House, 3rd Floor, 1st Ngong Avenue, Community
P. O. Box 105166-0101,
Or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference code and the position applied for as the subject line.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer.
People with disabilities, women and people from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for receipt of the applications is March 4, 2016 at 5.00 pm.