Body Corporate established under Section 55 of the Universities Act No.
42 of 2012 to, among other functions, Coordinate the Placement of
Government Sponsored Students to Universities and Colleges.
The Placement Service invites applications for the following position:
- Support of production database services to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance as required by the Placement Service and other dependent business systems;
- Design, develop and administer the Placement Service databases and database packages and procedures;
- Performance monitoring, reporting, and tuning of the Placement Service databases.
- Review and tune SQL or database logic code or scripts;
- Ensure security and access control;
- Provide technical support to ICT development team in the design, development, testing, tuning and implementation of their various database applications and or projects;
- Create and maintain SQL queries and routines;
- Provisioning of (database) development and testing environments;
- Write ad-hoc queries based on schema knowledge for various reporting requirements and data extract requests;
- Deal with complex data models and object relational database mapping, while producing complex reports;
- To ensure all servers are configured correctly with regard to security patches, software versions, security configuration, and recoverability and that, all servers are backed up correctly and to carry out regular test restores; and
- Support staff in execution of difficult technical tasks, including data extracts and the creation of specialized reports.
- Have served for a minimum of two (2) years in the grade of ICT Officer in public or private sector;
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Experience and training in MySQL, and Microsoft SQL;
- Experience and knowledge in Unix based operating systems;
- Knowledge of XML and other related data formats;
- Experience in database design, development and integration technologies;
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and accountability. Applicants should have clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Educations Loans Board;
- A Licensed Credit Reference Bureau;
- Director of Criminal Investigation
applicants should post or hand deliver their applications in sealed
envelopes clearly marked with the position applied for and reference
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service
ACK Garden House, 3rd Floor, 1st Ngong Avenue, Community
P. O. Box 105166-0101,
Or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference code and the position applied for as the subject line.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer.
People with disabilities, women and people from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for receipt of the applications is March 4, 2016 at 5.00 pm.