The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) seeks to recruit a dynamic, competent and result-oriented individual to fill the following position:-
Director – Supply Chain Management
IEBC Grade: 3
Job Code: IEBC/1/1/2016
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for development of procurement and supply chain management policies and procedures manuals in the Commission.
- Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, controlling and monitoring of supply chain activities in the Commission.
- Ensure the development of appropriate supply chain management accountability structures for effective and efficient service delivery and value for money.
- Develop and implement cost effective procurement, logistics, distribution, warehousing, storage, stock control and contract management strategies to ensure that they add value and meet the Commission’s objectives.
- Coordinate the development of Commission’s annual and multi-year procurement plans in liaison with other directorates and guide in their implementation.
- Oversee the preparation of tender documents, requests for proposals, and advise user departments in preparations of procurement specifications for various goods, works and services.
- Ensure maintenance and adequate record keeping of procurement Logistics and Warehousing records.
- Facilitate implementation of Government e-procurement in the Commission and ensure that supply chain management staff and users are adequately trained on the same.
- Ensure the Commission gets maximum value from the contract governance arrangements through performance management of suppliers.
- Ensure proper storage and warehousing of Commission’s stores and the security of the same,
- Ensure development and implementation of cost effective disposal policies and procedures for obsolete stores and equipment.
- Ensure development of directorate work plans and the implementation within approved budget.
- Ensure that the directorate is adequately resourced by professional and competent personnel,
- Supervision and work appraisal of staff under his/her command.
Requirements for Appointment
- Must have a Bachelor of Commerce, BA in Economics or Administration degree from a recognized university.
- Must have a master’s degree in MBA, MSc in Procurement/Supply Chain Management or in any related field.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years post graduate work experience in supply chain management.
- Must possess a postgraduate diploma in Procurement/Supply Chain Management from a recognized institution of higher learning or a professional body.
- Must be a member of a professional procurement body e.g. KISM.
In addition to the qualifications set above, the applicants must further meet and submit the following clearances:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP)
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board
- Professional bodies (where applicable) to which the applicant belongs eg LSK, ICPAK, AAK, IEK etc
- Credit Reference Bureau Africa Ltd or Metropol Credit Reference Bureau
Security Clearance: All shortlisted applicants may be subjected by the Commission to a security clearance by National Intelligence Service (NIS)
Interested candidates are requested to submit their duly completed applications together with an up-to-date curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, email and telephone contacts together with names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates previous work experience.
Applicants must indicate the Job code and title on the top left corner of the envelope.
Applications and supporting documents shall be:
i) Hand delivered to the IEBC CEO/CS, 6th Floor, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi:
ii) Send via Post Office to:
Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission (IEBC),
P O Box 45371-00100,
P O Box 45371-00100,
Applications must reach IEBC by 15th February 2016