International Fertilizer Development Center
Vacancy: HR Officer
Background: The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a non-profit public international organization addressing critical issues such as food security, the alleviation of global hunger and poverty, environmental protection and the promotion of economic development and self-sufficiency.
Job Overview & Description
Position Summary: Reporting to the Regional HR Manager; East & Southern Africa (ESAFD) the HR Officer will provide high level day to day human resource services to national and division staff based in Nairobi.
The support will also include providing executive assistance to the division director.
Through working closely with the Regional HR Manager and the Division Director, the HR Officer will spearhead staff welfare initiatives and facilitate the smooth flow of HR processes throughout the organization.
- Facilitate and coordinate IFDC ESAFD projects and departmental recruiting needs.
- Maintain both electronic and physical personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements and IFDC policies and regulations.
- Spearhead staff welfare and employee relations initiatives.
- Working closely with the regional HR manager, support employee performance management and development.
- Coordinate orientation and induction process for new staff.
- Work closely with the regional HR manager to manage HR service and benefits providers for services such as medical insurance, group life assurance, pension scheme, payroll services etc.
- Work with the regional HR manager to regularly share updated HR policies and organizational documents.
- In addition to providing professional HR services, provide high level personal assistance to the division director’s office such as supporting the Director in managing his/her daily schedule; agenda management, correspondence, making appointments, preparation of documentation for meetings, liaise with IFDC offices and projects within the Division, and following-up on priority activities.
- Provide bi-lingual support to the division office (English/French).
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology or related field.
- At least five years of professional experience in Human Resources Management and Administration in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of payroll or electronic human resource information systems preferred.
- Database management and record keeping skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English and French.
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality and respect.
- Ability to strictly meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with a geographically dispersed multicultural team composed of international and national staff.
Qualified candidates are advised to visit employment portal on our website (www.ifdc.org) and apply online.
The deadline for applications is March 11th 2016.