ILRI works with partners worldwide to enhance the roles that livestock play in food security and poverty alleviation, principally in Africa and Asia.
ILRI is a not-for-profit institution with a staff of about 700 and in 2016, an operating budget of about USD 83 million.
- Provide 1st level support: Diagnose and resolve service requests and incidents that have been assigned to them as per the SLA. Keep the service desk status up-to-date and communicate regularly with the requester to keep them informed of the status. Close the call as soon as the incident has been resolved to the satisfaction of the customer. Escalate any problems that cannot be resolved to the ICT Customer Services Officers
- Take part as required in carrying out the service desk functions. This includes logging all ICT service requests, assigning the correct priority level, category, type and the appropriate ICT staff or service provider to carry out the request
- Use the Service desk reports to identify commonly recurring requests for assistance and provide advice on how these can be prevented or minimised, through training, user awareness or changes in configuration
- Configuration and roll-out of new equipment and applications to computers on the network
- Low-level formatting of computers and preparation of equipment for disposal
- Carry out research into more effective ways of using and configuring applications and equipment that can then be rolled out across the campuses or posted to the intranet and communicated to staff for their use.
- Keeping the inventory of equipment up-to-date following the written procedures. Maintain the log of equipment and other resources loaned to Staff;
- Keep the databases that are used to manage the operations of the Department up to date
- Under the guidance of the ICT Customer Services Team Lead, participate as required in projects that are implemented by the ICT Customer Services team
- Remote Administration of user AD and email user accounts, antivirus and other applications.
- Administration of AVAYA telephony system (extension creation and allocations, configurations and call reporting);
- Manage and provide support for virtual meetings and collaboration spaces support for communication and Collaboration
- Carry out user awareness trainings and exercises and develop informational docs to raise awareness of staff to new and effective means of working, ICT issues, new tools and information available and other useful ICT information
- Assist in induction of new staff and training on ICT policies and guidelines.
- Update ICT portal with information accessible to staff on ICT tips and other issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment and to foster teamwork.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to take initiatives.
Post location: The position is based in ILRI Nairobi, Kenya.
Terms of Appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at ILRI’s Nairobi campus. It is open to Kenyan nationals only. The position is on a 6 Months fixed term.
Job Level: This position is job level 2B, ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to Apply:
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.