Our client, one of the leading insurance and financial services companies in East Africa, with their headquarters in Nairobi and a network of branches spread across Kenya, and East Africa is seeking to recruit an Agency Manager in Meru.
Salary: Shs 100K
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the agency and implements programs to meet long-term and short-term goals for agency growth
- Actively engages in the local community: personal networking, community events, partnership with local non-profits, etc.
- Supervises staff in the agency on day-to-day activity
- Performs regular checkpoints and annual employee evaluations
- Works directly with the agency principal on pay and compensation for employees
- Maintains personnel files: vacation and sick leave, employee reviews, etc
- Monitors staff licensing insuring that each staff member maintains proper licensing and required continuing education
- Monitors activity of non-licensed employees to insure all state laws regarding non-licensed activity is followed
- Possesses thorough knowledge of and ability to implement all agency policies and procedures
- Assists agent/owner in establishing a budget and monitoring revenue and expenses
- Tracks production and servicing of each employee
- Reviews customer accounts and assists in problem resolution as needed
- Oversees and manages processes for marketing campaigns, customer service and underwriting issues
- Monitors Loss Ratio and retention trends and adjusts agency operations to address underperforming results
- Keeps the agent/owner informed of progress toward agency goals and any opportunities and weaknesses within the agency
- Meets with each sales producer on a regular basis to ensure that agency sales and profit goals are being met
- Prior experience as an Agency Manager required-at least 1 year
- 3-4 years working experience in the insurance industry
- Life License is a major plus.
- Successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas preferred.
- Interest in marketing products and services based on customer needs.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and listening
- Enthusiastic about the role insurance and financial products play in helping people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams.
- Detail oriented.
- Proactive in problem solving.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
If qualified kindly send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating ‘Agency Manager – Meru’ on the subject line 15th February, 2016.
Do not attach any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.