Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate company’s internal controls, processes, policies and procedures to ensure that they are adequate, effective and in compliance with regulatory principles, industry standards and corporate guidelines; give recommendations on improvement and monitor implementation.
- Carrying out risk based audit reviews to assess the effectiveness of risk management and the adequacy of internal controls;
- Ascertain the effectiveness with which the company’s assets are accounted for and safeguarded from all kinds of losses;
- Carrying out periodic spot checks on processes and records for selected high risk operating functions;
- Coordinating the documentation and revision of standard operating procedures with key emphasis on the adequacy of controls;
- Document results of audit fieldwork and drafting of internal audit reports;
- Carrying out special audits or investigations as may be required from time to time;
- Follow up reviews and assess implementation of management action plans to address internal control deficiencies.
Competency Profile: A Business related bachelors’ degree; plus a professional qualification in Accounting preferably CPA (K) or ACCA;
Minimum 3 years Auditing Experience;
- Work experience in manufacturing environment or a reputable audit firm is an added advantage;
- Computer literate with hands on experience in use of an Enterprise Resource Planning tool; (ERP);
- Certification in CIA or CISA will be an added advantage.
- High level of confidentiality, integrity and self-discipline;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Analytical thinking with good conceptual skills;
- Strong time-management and organization skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Flexible and willing to travel on short notice
- Conversant with Computer Aided Audit Techniques (CAATs).
How to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae should be sent to email@example.com