Maternity Services Quality Advisor
Industry: NGO / Healthcare
Our client, an international NGO in quality reproductive health care and family planning wishes to recruit Maternity Services Quality Advisor (MSQA) to achieve, maintain and improve the quality of maternity services within the organization.
Broadly, the role will involve two key areas- undertaking quality assurance Activities and conducting Clinical trainings of team members.
The role requires developing an understanding of capacity needs in relation to the quality service areas in question, and building strong and collaborative relationships with both technical and management staff in all programme channels and technical leads of relevant departments in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering clinical quality excellence in maternity services
- Carrying out Clinical and medical audits for maternity services providers
- Strengthening system for complication referral, management including incident reporting and investigation.
- Support and undertake Clinical training of service providers.
- Tracking of clinical standards maintained by maternity service providers through adherence to protocols.
- Work with other team members to identify gaps to be addressed within the clinical standards.
- Participate and contribute in technical teams and training committee meetings when required.
- Recommendations for Quality enforcement policy in provision of maternity services.
- Undertake internal clinical audits through a process of continual monitoring of maternity service providers.
- Ensures that audits results are produced and shared back with service providers on a quarterly basis.
- Support hands on identification of training needs for teams by applying TNA tool on maternity service providers.
- Written referral protocol exist and well understood by all providers
- Reporting process and system well understood and practiced by providers.
- Analysis of incident reports and timely feedback with teams while creating a no blame culture
- Ensure proper communication and explanation to client, family and referral hospital and support of the client and teams when serious incidents occur (one-to-one client and team counselling support)
- Ability to evaluate and report the impact of training and report as relevant.
- Planning and making follow-up of trainees with ability to supervise/provide on-job support based on the training.
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma level clinical Training from a recognized university or college
- Advanced training in midwifery or reproductive health will be an added advantage.
- Must be registered by the respective regulatory body e.g. Nursing Council of Kenya.
- At least 3 years’ experience in provision and/or Quality improvement in maternity services
- Experience in clinical supervision, training and mentorship
- Experience in Clinical Audit, case investigation, incident reporting and other relevant quality processes.
- Experience in providing quality support and technical assistance to multiple service providers.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and to respond positively to frequent changes to plans (essential).
- A high standard of written/spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbally and in writing), including ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural team, build relationships throughout and at all levels in the organization and communicate effectively to a wide-ranging audience.
- Ability to act in a conciliatory and conflict-averse manner, but also to be assertive when the situation requires it.
- Demonstrated team player and interest in the above key responsibility areas.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively and meet changing or multiple demands and deadlines.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail and ability to follow through tasks to completion.
- Ability to work without close supervision and show initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Advanced computer skills.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org 8th March 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, and expected remuneration, on the subject line.