A leading International Development organization is looking for Portfolio Managers.
Main Objective: Application of integrated approach to international economic development that capitalizes on our company’s 90 years as a leading farm-to-market agribusiness.
Description of Role: We use our practical experience and in-depth knowledge to facilitate market-driven business solutions that generate economic growth, improve health and nutrition, and alleviate poverty.
For more than 3 decades, we have implemented programs in several countries, facilitating targeted technical expertise and impact investments that empower local communities to build sustainable and competitive enterprises.
One of these is the USAID funded whose overarching goal is to harness innovations for cutting-edge results through private sector-oriented strategies to generate significant measurable increases in household income and/or nutrition.
KIE is a venture capital-like mechanism by which innovations that support food security and nutrition are proactively sought, incubated and scaled up for widespread impact, particularly across target populations within Feed the Future (FTF) focus regions in Kenya.
KIE supports innovators with grant funding and technical assistance to grow their businesses.
The Position of a Portfolio Manager will provide on-going support to a portfolio of 5 – 10 food security innovations, serving as the innovators’ main point of contact and mobilizing the various support services KIE provides.
The Portfolio Manager will take a lead on identifying innovation scale and co-investing opportunities.
- Master’s degree in a related field or Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of related experience.
- 5 years private sector experience (preferred) in agricultural investing, banking or consulting experience.
- Demonstrated experience and success in supervising, coaching and developing private sector businesses.
- Demonstrated awareness and knowledge of the local and regional economic and business climate as well as the Kenyan agricultural innovation and agribusiness landscape will be distinctly advantageous.
- Ability to coordinate, collaborate, negotiate and foster strategic partnerships with private sector firms, host government officials, NGOs, sub-grantees in implementing project activities.
- Ability to summarize complex quantitative information from multiple sources and combine it with text to explain the underlying reality as clearly and unambiguously as possible.
- Capacity to turn out high quality written work under tight deadlines.
- Strong inter-personal skills, self-motivated and result-driven, with ability to effectively build and manage networks and relationships for program promotion and issues resolution.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability. Preferred
- Demonstrated track record in initiating new and innovative approaches.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and administering USG performance-based grants.
- USAID project experience Location: Nairobi with frequent travel to the field.
Salary will be negotiated depending on experience and expertise on the field of over 5 years.
Kindly send your application with a short written testimonial of your greatest achievement (at Most Half a page) and expected salary to email@example.com by19th February 2016.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The candidate will be based in Nairobi with frequent travel.