International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Sector: Information Technology
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Background: The Information Technology department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable application development and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
Job Purpose / Objective: The Helpdesk Technician will be primarily responsible with providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops and laptops.
Through our ticketing system and the telephone they will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
- Level I Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to password resets, account creations, account terminations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to anti-virus assistance, Windows XP support, Microsoft Office 2007 support, Active Directory Maintenance, Microsoft Exchange/Email support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting
- Enterprise Ticket Management – Work inside our enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent customer support of all requests
- Vendor Management – Work directly with IT vendors to obtain support, repair and warranty information
- Hardware Inventory – This position will work our Global Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software
- Preventative Maintenance – Technician will also be responsible for checking on critical systems to ensure there are no interruptions in business continuity and take part in the monthly maintenance “blackout windows”
- Various Projects – Position will need to assist on various IT projects as needed
- This position reports to Global Service Desk Manager
- This position manages no staff
- College degree or equivalent certification
- Proficient in Microsoft family of products (Windows, Office and Server)
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Up to 2 years of experience in help desk/desktop support position
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.