Job title: IT Support Assistant
Ref no. 203
Our client specializing in trading & retail of luxury goods, imports and exports is seeking an IT support assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operates a multi-platform computer environment or monitors the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs;
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Installs software and installs and repairs hardware and peripherals;
- Tests programs; updates antivirus, runs drivers, replaces broken hardware and machinery needed at HQ and shops
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate;
- Maintains systems, databases and web pages;
- Administers user accounts;
- Designs and produces basic reports; formats, sheets and runs barcodes on RMS
- Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems;
- Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns;
- Maintains records; of Return on Inventory
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
- Be on call for system maintenance- internet, faulty hard drive/ software
- Perform administrative functions of Operations as directed by supervisor
- Configuring of hardware and software, setting up peripherals such as printers or routers, repairing equipment, and providing daily support for computer network users.
- Responsible for writing reports, tracking inventory, evaluating new technologies, negotiating contracts with vendors, and developing contingency plans in case of network failure.
- At least a degree or diploma in IT or computer science
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge on variety software and hardware, programming languages and operation systems
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their online application on or before 11th February, 2016 at http://goo.gl/T8sryH