Background: Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa.
We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
As it builds a network of maternity hospitals, Jacaranda Health launched one clinic in Nairobi in 2012, a second in 2014, and one more is in process in the region.
Job Summary: We are seeking to hire Nurses.
Reporting to the Hospital Manager, the Nurses will primarily be responsible for providing quality clinical services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive antenatal care, postnatal care, family planning, deliveries, and other services for clients in Jacaranda’s fixed and/or mobile clinics, based on Jacaranda Health’s clinical protocols and processes
- Provide friendly, helpful service, advice, guidance, and education to all clients maintaining a high customer service environment
- Maintain client and clinic operational data using our electronic medical records and other information systems
- Maintain a good relationship with the community.
- Work closely with peer educators, CHWs, and traditional birth attendants for outreach and education within the community
- Work closely with the Jacaranda Health management team and teammates to identify and implement opportunities to improve clinical quality and clinic operations
- Hold a diploma or degree in nursing from a recognized university/(medical training) college
- Hold an active Nursing license from the local Nursing Council.
- Should have at least 4 years’ experience working as a licensed nurse/ midwife
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by sending application letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th February 2016, with the subject line Nurse Application before 15th February 2016.
Please indicate your current salary on the application.