Joram Kamau Tuskys Foundation (JKFT) is a Public Charitable Trust whose mandate is to Empower Communities for transformed lives.
The foundation has the following position to fill:
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (C.E.O)
Position Summary: The Programs Manager for the foundation is responsible for the development, design, implementation, review, analysis, management, supervision and evaluation of all the organization’s programs in accordance with the standards set out by the foundation.
As a member of the senior management team, the programs Manager will take part in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving.
He/she works within the guidelines, policies, vision and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
The Manager represents the JKTF Foundation in the community and establishes and maintains effective relationships with area nonprofit organizations, donors, businesses, organizations and individuals.
Some of the diverse responsibilities include the development of grant and scholarship application standards, assisting the C.E.O with other JKT Foundation initiatives and assisting with philanthropic activities; such as, special events.
Development and Implementation of Programs
- Design and ensure that all the programs are aligned with the mission and strategies of the Foundation and government and that all the needed standards are developed and implemented appropriately.
- Carry out planning of activities related to grant making, plus setting programs development strategies, work plans, budgets. He/she ensures adherence to grant agreement, p0licies and procedures
- Pursue high impact and proactive grant-making opportunities. He/she should read review, analyze grant proposals, scholarships and prepare grant criteria, award letters, declination letters, and reporting tools for each grant to be approved by the Grant Committee, the Board of Trustees and to be signed by the C.E.O.
Monitoring, Evaluation Learning and Reporting (MERL)
- Monitor and Evaluate effectiveness of grant making, programs implementation, quality and adherence towards work plans, budgets, and any other contract/ agreement.
- Facilitate the achievement of program targets and objectives and lead efforts to design effective MERL systems.
- Guarantee timely and quality formal and informal reporting on all aspects of the program that includes feedback loops with team members, grantees and other relevant partners.
- Ensure that the foundation’s monitoring staff lead the process of converting monitoring information to useable forms for program staff to act on it and make management decisions.
- Ensure that M&E staffs focus on assisting programs to generate practical information that can be used for ongoing program decision-making while also capturing results at the impact level.
- Coordinate the staff under his/her supervision and offer technical support to program staff members and plan for technical support needed by the grantees
- Promotes networking and collaboration, participate in proposal writing and fundraise for the foundation.
- At least a Master’s degree in community development or any other same level degree with relevant experience in Programs management.
- Must have worked in a grant making institution.
- Must have served as a Program Manager in the following areas: Education and employability, Entrepreneurship programmes, Sports, Music and Creative arts, Environmental Conservation
- Must be a holder of a Diploma in Project management
- Over Eight (8) years’ experience as a program manager in a foundation/ in the non-profit sector and knowledge of the best practices and policies for grant making.
- Must have hands on experience on fundraising/ proposal writing and able to network and collaborate with like-minded partners.
- Knowledge of policy development, grant processing, management, financial management, organizational and human resources management is necessary.
- Should have knowledge of the history and cultural background of the local communities,
- Plus the building of trust and strategic alliances across diverse differences.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and work effectively with others of different views and individual strengths.
- Computer literacy is essential.
If you meet the above requirements, kindly submit your detailed CV and cover letter including the expected remuneration, indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and the names of three referees to: email@example.com
Application should reach us by: 3rd March, 2016.