The County Grassroots Coordinators will be responsible for the overall implementation and reporting of the project, at the County level.
- Responsible for managing and implementation of all aspects of Grassroots Advocacy Project work at the County Level, including management and implementation of project activities, monitoring and reporting
- Analyze health and budgets issues at the County level as they affect health, develop and implement campaign plans
- Effectively direct the grassroots citizens and CSOs to take advocacy actions at the County level
- Develop advocacy champions in the County Assemblies, the media, Civil Society and communities
- In collaboration with other staff, deliver on annual goals and objectives and activities to build the network of citizen advocates and chapter.
- Organize invitations to advocacy groups, leads group advocacy meetings, and provide support to new advocates.
- Support to Citizen Chapters by providing advocacy training to grassroots groups and advocates on engaging County Government, Media and elected leaders
- Organize regular meetings and phone calls with group leaders and advocates for updates, training and support.
- Support the grassroots groups and chapters to build leadership, take regular action toward campaign goals, and build their Chapters.
- Create forums for Group Leaders to share and support each other; share innovations, stay abreast of campaign plans and grassroots interests as well as facilitate communications with advocates from other Countries.
- Adapt and contextualize existing training and support tools and deliver trainings to the grassroots citizen advocates.
- Working with the Issue Analysts to develop Media, Campaign and advocacy strategies on various health advocacy issues
- Conducting outreach to NGOs, Unions and other organizations to encourage more citizen action and to gather intelligence on priority health issues for the County.
- Work with the Communication team to create content for social media, traditional media, websites, and e-actions.
- Create a bank of useful campaign-related stories and volunteer testimonials for use in media outlets.
- Develop best practice for Grass roots advocacy
- Support in other areas as assigned and represent the organization at meetings at the County level
- Bachelor’s Degree in a social science or Public Health
- 5 years NGO working experience, with at least 2 years in grassroots volunteers and/or community organizing.
- Proven capacity to create and deliver on effective and successful advocacy projects.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, and capacity to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including decision makers, volunteers, media and NGO partners
- Knowledge of health programs
- A self-starter and works independently with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Experience in the political, citizen engagement, and legislative processes in the counties.
- Good organizational skills, outgoing and enjoys working, mentoring and motivating others.
- Experience implementing multi-faceted projects involving media engagement, policy and advocacy and engaging elected leaders
- Proficiency in English and local Specific County language is a must
- Willingness to travel within the select county
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter and a résumé indication your current and expected salary.
Applications to be sent to the Human Resource Office ONLY via email: email@example.com.
Do not attach certificates and testimonials at this point, and do not submit your application more than once for the same position.
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted.