Our Client, The Kenya Bankers Association, recognizing the central role of the banking industry in the payment system, established the Integrating Payment Systems (IPS) project in 2012 to address the challenge of creating a more integrated retail payment system in Kenya.
Provisionally named the Kenya Interbank Transaction Switch (KITS), this is a system envisioned to provide the banking industry with a platform to significantly improve the sharing of payment system infrastructure, provide a seamless inter-bank settlement mechanism thereby managing settlement and liquidity risks.
The Association has settled on a technology solution provider and embarked on its implementation.
They are now inviting applications for dynamic professionals to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this is a position responsible for supporting the organization’s network infrastructure and related applications for daily operations, troubleshooting, architecture, design, capacity planning, implementing physical network and maintaining network security policies.
- Testing, validating and implementing performance and resource optimization improvements in consultation with IT operational and development teams
- Establishing and maintaining sound back – up and recovery policies and practices
- Implementing and maintaining network security policies and best practices
- Establishing networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Conducting Penetration Testing, Intrusion detection and Change Management with regards to I.T security.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Must have a good familiarity with other IT Infrastructure technologies like network attached storage, WAN acceleration devices, virtualization, and data warehouse.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or any related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in actively designing/supporting/maintain a network infrastructure.
- Professional certification from a renowned security appliance provider e.g. Checkpoint, Cyber Roam or Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCDA).
- Extensive experience of network security is a must.
- Working knowledge or certification in Oracle Database Administration, OCP or OCM is an added advantage
- Experience in managing a Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Knowledge of Networking ( TCP/IP) and Routing
- Flexible, self-reliant and self-driven
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th March 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.